PRE-LICENSING GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION / INSTRUCTIONS:
Sponsor ID S0209
- READ THE TEXT: The textbook is part of your correspondence course.
- Real Estate Principles, 5th Edition, by Blair Black
- Real Estate Practices, 4th Edition, by Blair Black
- Real Estate Finance, 3rd Edition, by Blair Black
- Real Estate Appraisal, 3rd Edition by Blair Black
- Real Estate Office Administration, 2nd Edition by Blair Black
- Real Estate Property Management, 3rd Edition by Blair Black
- Real Estate Economics, 6th Edition, by W. Huber, L Messick, W. Pivar, JD
- Real Estate Law, 8th Edition, by W. Huber and K. Tyler, JD
- CHAPTER QUIZZES: The Realty Institute has provided quizzes at the end of each chapter to assist you in better understanding the reading material. Answer the questions in the quizzes to help you prepare for the final examination.
- Please mark your answers on the attached “Study Quiz Answer Sheet.”
- Answers to the quizzes are included in your textbook for remediation. Please consult your Table of Contents for the exact page number where your answers can be found.
- FINAL EXAM: When you are ready to take the final exam, please submit the “Study Quiz Answer Sheet” along with your “Request for Final Examination.”
- Minimum time – 2 1/2 weeks after the date of registration. Minimum time limits may not overlap.
|1 Course||2 ½ Weeks minimum time|
|2 Courses||5 Weeks minimum time|
|3 Courses||7 ½ Weeks minimum time|
|4 Courses||10 Weeks minimum time|
|5 Courses||12 ½ Weeks minimum time|
|6 Courses||15 Weeks minimum time|
|7 Courses||17 ½ Weeks minimum time|
|8 Courses||20 Weeks minimum time|
- Maximum time – You have a maximum time of one-year after the date of registration to complete this course. If the course is not completed within that time, your enrollment will expire.
FINAL EXAMINATION: The final examination for this course can be taken after you have read the textbook and providing there have been 2-1/2 weeks from date of registration. Your final examination will not be available until the appropriate time has been met.
- The Final examination consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. You will be allowed 2 1/2 hours to complete the final examination.
- A score of 60% or better is required for satisfactory completion of a course.
ORDERING THE FINAL EXAMINATION: The open-book final examination will be offered both online and in a live supervised setting, depending on your preference.
- When you are ready to take your open-book final examination, please return the “Request for Final Examination” form along with your “Study Quiz Answer Sheets”. Upon receipt, your final examination will be sent to your test administrator.
- Final designation and approval of the test administrator and determination of the date and time will be at the discretion of The Realty Institute, LLC.
- The administrator cannot be related by blood, marriage, domestic partnership or any other relationship to the person taking the examination which would influence them from properly administering the examination.
Under no circumstances may the final exams be furnished to the student.
- A participant shall present the test administrator with a current drivers license, or a valid identification card issued by a governmental agency or a recognized real estate trade organization within the preceding five years which bears a photograph, signature and identification number of the participant immediately before taking the final exam. (Section 3007.05)
- Login at www.realtyinst.com and select “Online Testing.”
- Upon enrollment, you may create a personalized password and username that will allow you to login to the examination.
- No one other than the registered student can gain access to the account.
- A participant shall provide their identification number as it appears on their current drivers license, or a valid identification card issued by a governmental agency or a recognized real estate trade organization within the preceding five years which bears a photograph, signature and identification number of the participant immediately before taking the final exam. (Section 3007.05)
- You will receive a letter of confirmation confirming your individual username and password to your e-mail address, allowing you to login to your personal account. Your password and username must be entered to access the final exam.
- To begin the test, you must certify under penalty of perjury that you are the registered student to whom the account is assigned to and that you have personally completed each reading assignment, quiz and that the final examination will be completed without any assistance.
- Failure to comply with this agreement will render any examination null and void, and such violation will be reported to the California Bureau of Real Estate.
- The final examination displays only one question at a time and cannot be recorded by means of printing or downloading.
- You will be allotted 2 1/2 hours to complete the exam, which will consist of 100 multiple-choice questions.
- The time remaining for the student to complete the exam will be displayed above each question.
- When the time limit allowed for the completion of the final exam expires, the screen will automatically time out.
- If you log out before completing the exam, any unanswered questions will be counted as incorrect. At the time you log out, if you have scored a 60% or better you will be granted credit for the exam.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of the final examination via the Internet, you will be immediately notified as to your pass or fail status. A Certificate of Completion will be sent to you within 15 days of successful completion of the final examination.
EMAILED / FAXED TRANSCRIPT: If you wish one day-service for the grading and handling of your final, including email or fax service, there is a $5.00 extra charge.
RE-EXAMINATION: If you receive a failing grade after completing the final examination, you may take an alternate examination. You will need to contact The Realty Institute to arrange taking the alternate exam.
- The alternate examination must be completed within 30 days of the primary examination. Failing the second examination will require a re-enrollment fee for the failed course, and the student must complete the course, quizzes and pass the final examination to receive credit.
CalBRE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
This course is approved by the California Bureau of Real Estate. However, this approval does not constitute an endorsement of the views or opinions which are expressed by the course sponsor, instructor, authors or lecturers.
COURSE & INSTRUCTOR EVALUATION
An on-line evaluation of this course, form R.E. 318A, is available on CalBRE’s web site at www.calbre.ca.gov.
EDUCATION CODE §94312 – The student shall have the right to cancel the agreement and any other goods and services included in the agreement until midnight of the eighth business day after the first lesson was mailed.
The written Notice of Cancellation, if given by mail, is effective when deposited in the mail properly addressed with postage prepaid. There is no particular form for the cancellation and it will be effective if it indicates the student’s desire not be bound by the agreement.
If the student cancels the agreement, the student shall have no liability and the institution shall refund any consideration paid by the student within 10 days after the institution receives Notice of Cancellation. All material issued to the student must be returned in satisfactory condition to the school within 10 days following the date of the Notice of Cancellation.
Refunds will be paid within 30 days of cancellation or withdrawal.
If the student fails to return the materials within this 10 day period, the institution may retain that portion of the consideration paid by the student and the student may retain the material without further liability.
There will be no refund of shipping charges. Refunds will be paid to the company, corporation or person actually making payment for this course. All refunds will be paid by check.
It is important that enrollees keep a copy of any enrollment agreement, contract, or application to document enrollment; tuition receipts or cancelled checks to document the total amount of tuition paid.